Freitag, 22. Februar 2013

What I'm working on right now.


I've been quite busy the last couple of days. I've been working like crazy on my Irish Chain Quilt. I think I've figured out a way I want to incorporate the Dresden Plates into the Quilt, leaving me with a design like this:


I've completed all the blocks so far, I just need to cut some more white squares for the border that goes around the marked blocks. Oh, and I need to finish sewing the Dresdens onto the big white squares. Attaching them by hand takes so long! But I'm getting there.


I'm also working on my mother's quilt right now. Yesterday I added the black border.


Today I finished the top by adding the crown-border.


It measures around 77" x 58", which is converted a few centimeters shorter than what my mother asked for, but the backing is just 60" wide, so I'm already working with very limited buffer-space.

So right now I am sitting on the floor, basting it onto the polar fleece backing (with batting in between of course) so hopefully, tonight, I will have finished quilting it. My mom didn't exactly order some specific quilting. She just said: "Do what you and your machine can do!" I think I will stitch in the ditch around the fussy cut squares with the images on it and then quilt a diagonal grid over the chains. And straight lines on the borders that will cross over in the corners. Something like that.  So that when I sit down after dinner with Mr. A for some serious TV watching I can finish sewing on those Dresdens, so that hopefully, by tomorrow, I can sew my own Irish Chain Top together. YAY.



 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen